Spring is in the air! And it’s not too soon to plan a Spring Cleanse!Feb 19, 2022
As the seasons start to turn the corner from winter to spring, if you’re like me, your thoughts may be turning to spring cleaning. And while that certainly includes cleaning out closets, winter outerwear and boots, sports equipment–all the various places in your external environment, even more important however is your internal environment–the place where you live–your mind and body!
- Feeling sluggish from winter?
- Too many comfort foods – a.k.a. refined sugars and carbs?
- Have you developed a regular wine or cocktail habit?
- Did the holiday habits like desserts and rich foods last into January and maybe even February as well?
As spring approaches our bodies are looking to shed some of that winter excess (all to be expected, especially if we live in colder climates) and get ready for the increase in activity for spring and summer.
And while there are lots of ways to cleanse your body–smoothies, perhaps juice cleanses or maybe even a variety of soups, what it really boils down to is this:
Can we scale back on, or even eliminate, anything that doesn’t serve the health of our minds and bodies?
And even better, can we increase the foods and nutrients–and lifestyle habits–that make us healthier?
We don’t need anything fancy or funky.
We don't need anything that wouldn't be a part of what we would “normally” eat.
All we need to do is make it a practice to eat whole, high quality, fresh and nutrient-dense Real Food!
And practice the flip side of that, which is to let go of anything that, if we are honest with ourselves, are not the healthiest or most nutritious choices we could make.
What is at the top of that not so healthy list?
No surprise here: refined sugars and carbs. They are everywhere in processed foods! See more about the effect of processed foods on your body, and what you can do about it HERE.
OK, OK, we all know this, we’ve all tried to make healthier choices, but it’s not easy!
Here’s where this short (7 days) group program (lots of ideas and community support) can help YOU!
Join me starting March 6 for the next round of “7 Days to Get the Sugar Out!” ~ a Culinary Nutrition Program ~ featuring the top 7 Cravings-Busting Strategies
- In just 7 days, you will get over the hump, past the withdrawal (and I will show you how to minimize that) and feel better in your mind and body!
- In just 7 days you will have new recipes, start (or re-learn) the habit of meal prepping, and have your body thanking you for making this commitment to your health!
- In just 7 days you will shake off the winter blahs and be ready for spring!
Whether you have sugar or carb cravings, are unhappy with how you feel, or suspect that when you feel poorly it may be related to what you’ve been eating, this Culinary Nutrition Program will change your approach to food selection, meal planning and recipe preparation, show you how to reduce sugar cravings by eliminating The Gruesome Twosome, and have you feeling younger than ever!
“What we put into our bodies can impact our mood, our energy, and our physical health. By becoming more mindful and intentional about what we eat, when we eat, and why we eat, we can create balance and harmony both physically and emotionally.” ~ Dr. Mark Hyman
- Learn how and why you should avoid the Gruesome Twosome: Sugar and Processed Carbs, which can cause blood sugar fluctuations, irritate the gut, set up an autoimmune/inflammatory response in the body and lead to many symptoms of today’s chronic ailments.
- Learn to plan, select, prepare and eat delicious whole, high quality, fresh and nutrient-dense Real Food that will increase your energy, sharpen your memory and have you feeling younger.
- Make all your meals Plant-Rich - Emphasize a variety of veggies as the main feature at each meal – then add clean proteins (your choice of vegetarian or meat/fish/poultry), healthy fats and fruits, as “condiments” to your veggies. Think protein, fat and fibre at every meal and snack, as this will balance blood sugar and help reduce cravings. Healthy options: Plant Rich Vegan/Vegetarian, Plant-Rich Mediterranean, Plant-Rich Paleo/Keto.
- Includes three 7-day meal plans (Paleo, Mediterranean and Vegetarian) with recipes and shopping guide. 7 days of support -- healthy tips to bust through your cravings! And a supportive community.
Here’s what the program includes:
- Live 90-minute WORKSHOP, demonstrating featured recipes on Sunday, March 6, 4:30 - 6:00 pm ET
- Follow along with me in your own kitchen! Or simply watch and plan your cooking session for later.
- 7 days of short check-ins and DAILY health tips
- Lifetime access to all recordings and materials
- Three 7-day meal plans (Paleo, Mediterranean and Vegetarian), recipes and shopping lists
- "Get the Sugar Out" eBook with lots of science-based information and recommendations
- PLUS ongoing community support
- Optional FB group and challenge
- 2 for 1 special: Get your spouse/partner (same household) to join with you!
- “Friends Group” Challenge - gather two friends and you will each get a 10% discount
- Are you a “7 Days” Alumni? Send me a message and I will add you to this round, which will include some NEW recipes, at no charge!
Only $39 - who could say “no”?
Here’s how to sign up:
I don’t know about you but with holidays in December, and then the ski trip out west that I just returned from (first big trip in 2 years!), with lots of delicious but rich food and après-ski almost every day, I could sure use a spring cleanse. I know that my mind and body will appreciate it!
Are you with me?
Sample "7 Days" Recipe: Turmeric Hummus
There's no need to buy hummus in plastic containers when you can make your own! And you can vary the ingredients - including type of legume, any added spices, even adding greens to ramp up the nutrition!
This recipe adds turmeric, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Serve with veggie sticks, brown rice tortilla chips, on a salad, in a wrap or as a sandwich spread. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge up to 3-5 days, or in the freezer up to 6 months.
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (as needed)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, pressed & minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- Add all ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until a creamy consistency forms. Enjoy!
For more info on this and other natural health topics:
Sign up NOW for my weekly newsletter, and you'll also get the Weekly Sugar-Free Kitchen Recipe Club!
If you're like me, you're often looking for new recipes to try, especially as the seasons change. Every Thursday, I'll be sending out some recipes to everyone who subscribes to my newsletter!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared or sold in any way, for any reason. And you may unsubscribe at any time.